Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Partyin' Like it's My Birthday

Two weeks ago, I said a final farewell to my teens, and an ecstatic hello to my twenties!

I have to say, there were moments in the past twenty years on this earth that I was not 100% convinced I would make it to my twenties... But here I am!

My birthday celebrations started at exactly midnight when my friend Ethan orchestrated a surprise for me. We were at my house watching TV when he rushed me out front only to find my best friend Hali and her boyfriend Cubby blasting mariachi music and screaming happy birthday.

Needless to say, I could not have been happier.

We then proceeded to visit not one, but TWO closed McDonald's till we finally found one that was open to serve us the ice cream we so desperately needed!

Now, unfortunately my birthday fell on a Monday this year, so my day went as it normally would, with the exception of a fabulous birthday sushi lunch and shopping extravaganza with two wonderful ladies from my office, Cristi and Allison.

My mother is not the biggest fan of birthdays. She loves them, but doesn't usually make a big deal of them. This year was different. I came home from lunch to a room completely decked out in beach gear(for my upcoming trip to kauai). Adorable, I know. Unfortunately I was so ecstatic about this amazing surprise, taking pictures of it completely slipped my mind! Woops!

Next came the annual family birthday dinner!


Daddio, Myself, and Hali, my other half.

My mother, sister, and sister's boyfriend joined us at dinner as well
(I just don't have a picture of all of us to display!)

We ate at The Cheesecake Factory.
And when I say ate, I mean stuffed.
The food is always so good there that no one ever leaves hungry.
Or even full for that matter.
Always stuffed!

After dinner, mother surprised Hali (who's birthday is just twelve days after mine) and myself with the cutest of cute birthday presents.





We have loved anything and everything cupcakes since we were freshmen in high school.
Mother hit the Jackpot.

"Keep Calm, Have a Cupcake"



No comments:

Post a Comment